These are great to make if you ever have to make breakfast for a few extra people, since you can make up to 12 at a time.
These little cups turned out great and I drizzled a little maple syrup over mine……Mmmmmmm!
Bacon & Eggs in Toast Cups (6 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with butter non-stick spray.
2. Using a cookie cutter, cut circles out of bread slices about 3 inches in diameter. (I confess I do not have a cookie cutter so I use the lid to my tub of orzo pasta and just cut around the edges ;D)
3. Take bread circles and press them into the muffin pan, set aside.
4. Heat a large skillet on medium-high. Cook bacon on the skillet until partially cooked but still pliable, about 3 minutes.
5. Shape bacon strips into the toast cups, fill with 1 Tbs of shredded cheese. Place in the oven for 5 minutes, allowing the bacon to toast just a little more. Remove from oven.
6. Crack your egg and separate out most of the egg white. Drop eggs into the cups, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste. Place back in the oven and cook until white begins to set, about another 8 – 10 minutes. The yolk should be creamy.
7. Remove from oven when done and pop out using a spoon, serve warm.