So, you have decided to finally build that body you can be proud of. You want those v-shaped back muscles, big biceps and chiseled six-pack abs that will get girls drooling over your body! I know how it feels...
Not so quick though. Building muscles is not an overnight process- it takes time, patience, focus and dedication. If you think you have these qualities, then good news for you as your muscle gain for the next 6 to 12 months will be at its most "dramatic" phase.
Excited? You should be, BUT what is the best bodybuilding program for beginners like yourself? Well let's look at the main areas you should consider, when first starting out..
Your Workout Training Routine...What Should It Be?
If you got your workout routine from the back of cereal box, do you really think it work? You need to get a solid bodybuilding program, that works!
To give you an idea, a good base beginner program should include the following:
- Train 3 times a week (e.g. Monday, Thursday, Saturday)
- Around 4-5 compound exercises per workout (compound exercises work multiple muscles at the same time which provides a good overall body workout). This workout should not last any longer than an hour!
- 3-4 sets per exercise
- 6-12 reps per set with the heaviest weight possible. And train till you tire out in each set!
- 2 minutes rest between sets, no more or no less. Time this to make sure you do this.
You also have to learn some basic exercise techniques, so you can properly execute them. I have no idea why other beginners just start exercising in a gym using trial and error techniques! In fact many go out and just copy what other beginners are doing in the same gym as them! Do you really think that's going to give you massive muscle growth?! NO it's not! technique is vital for your results!
So in a nutshell, when it comes to your training, you need a solid program and routine plus work on your exercise technique for maximum muscle gain!
What Should Your Nutritional Diet Be For Maximum Muscle Growth?
Nutrition is around 60% of your results, so is damn important. You cannot survive on donuts and coffee and expect to bulk and build muscle. Here are some good basics:
- Eat 5-6 Meals A Day every 2-3 hours
- Count your calories, as without it, you are destined to fail! You want to eat BIG for muscle growth, and LESS for fat shredding.
- Ensure you get some solid pre-and-post workout nutrition in! For muscle growth, good to eat some fruit and drink a whey protein shake, just before and after your workout!
- Use a ratio of 45% Carbohydrates, 30% Protein and 25% Fat. Here you should look to eat more complex carbohydrates (slow-digesting carbohydrates like wholemeal pasta, rice and bread), lean proteins (like grilled skinless chicken breast or turkey breast) and unsaturated fats (such as olives, avocados).
This is a great starting point, whatever your goal.
You Need To Get Some Solid Rest Too...
Rest is more essential than many think. This may shock you, but your muscles do not grow while you are training. They grow when you are at rest. Muscles need time to recuperate for them to grow.
As they rest, the body repairs the damage done to the muscles and builds them up bigger to compensate for the extra work and stress.
So, make sure you take at LEAST 48 hours to rest, in between workouts! This not only reduces injury but boosts your growth!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Post a Comment