Have you ever been in a situation where you need to modify your planned workout because of time constraints? If it has not happened yet, rest assured that it will at some point in your training career. Do not fret, with Power Training Combos you will be able to get in a decent workout and you may even be able to add some quality muscle on your frame as well. By combining certain mass building exercises, you will help accelerate your gains and decrease your time in the gym.
While there are limitless combinations you can choose, the following combinations will take care of a huge amount of muscle with minimal time invested in the gym.
1. Horizontal Pull / Vertical Push: Seated Cable Rows/ DB Military Press
2. Full Body / Vertical Pull: Barbell Power Cleans / Pull Ups
3. Vertical Pull / Hip Extension – Barbell Shrugs / DB RDL's
You will notice that these combos really target the musculature of the posterior chain primarily. This will give you a huge boost of growth hormone and pack on the pounds where it counts. Check out a sample workout below for a way to get your own power building combo training going.
Sample Training Workout:
1. Foam Roller-IT Bands, Hammies, Quads, glutes
2. Light Static Stretching 3 x 10 s hammies, quad hip flexor
3. Jump Rope
1a. Deadlift 5 x 5
1b. Military Press 5 x 5
2a. DB Shrugs 5 x 15
2b. Back Extensions 5 x 20
3. Abdominal Fallout's 3 x 15
As you can see the work is not involved. Just back sure you perform the sets back to back and then take an appropriate rest period. It will be tough, but you will save time and build strength and some serious muscle.