Hair loss is a common problem for both male and female. Although hair loss or excessive hair fall is a not a disease, it can be a indication of an underlying problem. It is always a good idea to check with a doctor. However, hair loss can be due to several other reasons, namely the type of products used on the hair, the water, the environment, stress and so on.
In order to stop hair loss, we need to go the root of the problem. If it is because of an illness, then that needs to be taken care of; if it is due to other reasons mentioned above then we need to find a solution. In any case, we need to take care of hair heath in the same way we need to take care of our bodies.
Some of the ways to stop hair loss and increase hair growth are:
- If there is a major hair loss then it could be an indication of deficiency of some essential nutrients in the body. Check your diet. Plan a well-balanced meal and take multivitamins to put back the lacking nutrients back in the body. Vitamins A, B and E are good for the hair.
- Drink plenty of water. Water flushes out toxins from the body and also keeps you hydrated. Make sure the water you drink is distilled or filtered and avoid water containing chlorine or other chemicals.
- Avoid caffeine. This causes the body to dehydrate which is not good for the hair. Instead try fruit juices.
- Know what you put on your hair. Oil your hair on weekly basis. Apply coconut oil once a week. Warm the oil a little before applying. Leave it one for an hour before washing it off.
- Avoid shampoos that have three in one substances in them. Do not shampoo every day. Twice a week is enough.
- Avoid pulling your hair back tightly.
- Make sure the pillow you sleep on has cotton covers that do not pull your hair out.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Do not brush or comb the hair when it is wet.
- After a shower dry the hair by patting with the towel rather than rubbing with it
The above tips will help to reduce hair loss and promote new growth. It is natural to loss about forty to fifty strands of hair a day, so do not be alarmed at this. Taking care of the hair in a proper manner will promote hair growth.
Post a Comment