Even those people who are in jobs that are fairly secure are faced with higher stress as they often are carrying the workload of laid-off co-workers and receiving no extra compensation for performing twice the work. With work stress at an all time high and as many people are getting laid off from their jobs they end up suffering with work stress which can bring about symptoms such as depression, irritability, feeling apathetic, exhaustion, stomach and headaches, insomnia, and drug or alcohol abuse.
All of these symptoms can also lead to long term health problems such as hypertension, heart disease, muscle pain and spasms, tooth and gum deterioration (from clenching teeth), decreased immunity and increases in certain types of cancer.
It has long been proven that music has a significant effect on mind and body, and its effect on providing work stress relief is well researched. Listening to different kinds of music evoke different responses in our brains by changing our brainwaves. Slow, soothing music slows down brainwaves, while upbeat and fast music stimulates the brain.
Sound therapy includes listening to relaxation music to find some peace such as classical music, meditation music or other soothing sounds such as ocean waves or falling rain. To boost your spirits, singing and dancing to high energetic music improves overall cardio-vascular health and produces endorphins, those 'feel good' hormones that last for hours after they are produced. Both soothing and upbeat music can work to reduce stress.
It is time to take control of your situation and reduce work stress and anxiety by performing some of these simple but effective techniques that should be combined with music therapy to achieve work stress management:
- Time management is one of the most important steps that you will need to take to manage your stress. You need to stop trying to do it all, delegate at work whenever possible. Delegate at home! Let the kids make dinner one night. Let your spouse take the kids out for the day while you take time to relax.
- Start your day by listening to upbeat music. This is a great work stress relief technique to start out your day on a high note.
- Take a break during the day for a walk and listen to either calming music or upbeat music to help you to de-stress at work.
- If you have a hard time turning off the stresses of work stress that play in your head after a busy day try soothing relaxation music without lyrics that allow you to get lost in the melody.
- On days when you are really stressed, sometimes playing music, you listened to as a child or teen brings a familiar calmness.
By incorporating more music into your life, you can significantly reduce work stress and increase your body's ability to keep disease and illness away.
Source White Market
Post a Comment