This tutorial is to help you learn how to adjust the Hue and Saturation of a photo without burning out colors. This tutorial uses a different technique that will prevent you from losing your exposure settings.
- Adjust the Levels, (Image>Adjustments>Levels).
- Make sure the levels range is set to fit the range of color, for this photo I had to move the right end of the levels range in to fit the colors.
- Change the Image Mode to Lab Color, (Image>Mode>Lab Color).
- Create a New Curves Adjustment Layer, (Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Curves).
- Change to Channel a
- Move the corner adjusters in approximately one square, you may wish to adjust them more or less depending on the photo.
- Change to Channel b
- Move the corner adjusters in approximately half a square, you may wish to adjust them more or less depending on the photo.