The Measure tool is a feature of Photoshop that even the basic designer needs to be able to understand and use to allow their creativity to flow. Spacing is an important function of any design.The Measure tool helps position images accurately. It calculates the distance between any two points in the work area. When you measure from one point to another, a nonprinting line is drawn, and the options bar and Info palette show the following information:
- The starting location (X and Y)
- The horizontal (W) and vertical (H) distances traveled from the x and y axes
- The angle measured relative to the axis (A)
- The total distance traveled (D1)
- The two distances traveled (D1 and D2), when you use a protractor
All measurements except the angle are calculated in the unit of measure currently set in the Units & Rulers preference dialog box. If you want to see existing measuring lines, select the Measure tool and they will appear.
Post a Comment