If you suffer from tennis elbow there are a number of home cure tennis elbow treatment that you can use to help prevent further injury and make the muscles in your arm a lot stronger. It affects the tendons in the arm and is a form of repetitive strain injury. Home cure treatments can be used to help ease the pain and speed up recovery times.
Below are six home cure tennis elbow treatments that you can use.
1. Rest. You should try as much as possible to rest your fingers, wrist, and forearm muscles. This will allow you tendon to heal. You should stop any activities that you think might be causing your tennis elbow pain. You may have to do this for a number of weeks and the length of time will depend on the severity of your tendon damage.
2. Use ice packs. You should try to place an ice pack on the injured area at least three times a day for the duration of your injury. This will help with the pain, swelling, and inflammation. For the first 72 hours after your injury you should leave the ice pack on for 10 minutes and reapply every hour. After this you can use the ice pace for 15 to 20 minutes approximately three times a day. You can do this in the morning, afternoon, and about two hours before bed.
3. Wear a counter force brace. A counter force brace should be worn during any activities that involve grasping or arm twisting movements. This brace is a strap that is worn around your forearm just below the elbow. This helps to spread the pressure throughout your arm. It should be noted that these braces are not a substitute for exercises that should also be performed.
4. Elevate your elbow. As much as possible you should try to elevate your elbow as this will help to relieve the pain and reduce any swelling in your wrist and forearm.
5. Use anti-inflammatory medication. When taking pain relief medication for tennis elbow you need to make sure that you take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) as these will help to reduce any inflammation as well as provide adequate pain relief.
6. Exercise. You should do simple warm up and stretching exercises every day to help prevent stiffening of your tendons. If you feel any pain though you should stop as you can do more damage if you don't listen to your body.
By practicing these home cures for tennis elbow treatments you should notice a big different in your tennis elbow symptoms and pain and you should also help to speed up the recovery period.
Also, be sure to check out the internet's premier resource for tennis elbow treatment regardless of how long you've suffered with pain in your elbow.
Source CMT Music Awards 2012